Suresh Raina Biography Age Height Affairs Family Background
Suresh Raina Biography Age Height Affairs Family Background
Full Name-Suresh Kumar Raina
Nickname(s)- Sanu, Sonu
Profession-Indian Cricketer (Batsman)
Physical Status & More:
•in centimeters- 173 cm
•in meters- 1.73 m
•in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
•in Kilograms- 73 kg
•in Pounds- 161 lbs
Eye Colour-Dark Brown
Hair Colour- Black
Suresh Raina Cricket career:
•International Debut-ODI- 30 July 2005 against Sri Lanka at Dambulla
•Test–26 July 2010 against Sri Lanka at Colombo
•T20-1 December 2006 against South Africa at Johannesburg
•Test- 6 January 2015 against Australia at Sydney Cricket Ground
•T20- 8 July 2018 against England at County Ground
•International Retirement 15 August 2020 
•Coach/Mentor-Deepak Sharma, SP Krishnan
•Jersey Number #3 (India)
•Domestic/State Team-Chennai Super Kings, Gujarat Lions, India Blue, Uttar Pradesh
•Nature on field-Calm
•Favourite Shot- P
Suresh Raina Records(main ones):
-• First Indian cricketer to score a century in all 3 formats (Tests, ODIs, T20s).
• Second youngest player to be selected as the Indian skipper.
• Has played the most number of ODIs before making his test debut, which is a record.
• First Player to score 3000 runs in the IPL.
• First cricketer to score 400+ runs in all the editions of the Indian Premier League (till IPL 9-2016).
• First Indian and second in the world to hit 100 sixes in the IPL.
• Third batsman in the world to score a century in T20 International; the other two being Brendon McCullum and Chris Gayle.
Career Turning Point At the age of 15, Raina was spotted by Indian selectors when he was playing for Uttar Pradesh under-16s and was drafted to India’s under-19 tour of England where he scored 2 half-centuries.
Suresh Raina Personal life:
Date of Birth-27 November 1986
Birthplace-Muradnagar, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
Hometown-Rajnagar, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
College-Government Sports College, Lucknow
Suresh Raina Family:
Father:Tirlokchand Raina (Retired army officer)
Mother: Parvesh Raina
Brothers: Naresh Raina, Mukesh Raina, Dinesh Raina (All elder)
Sister: Renu Raina (Elder)
Address -Sector 11, Rajnagar, Ghaziabad
C-27, Sector 50, Noida
Hobbies:Travelling, snorkelling, water sports, paragliding
• In 2012, a sarcastic tweet was directed to the Pakistan cricket team, who were ousted from the tournament after their loss to Sri Lanka in the semi-finals, “Ek do din late gaye ghar !!!! Woh bhi besharam ki tarah Gaye… Bye bye Pakistan!!!!.” Soon after, this tweet was deleted after it was condemned on Twitter. Raina came up with a clarification on twitter and put the blame on his nephew for it by tweeting “Smart phones r dangerous. Discovered it last night after my nephew posted random tweets. I’m a sportsman and would never disrespect”. Though I already deleted it, I felt it’s better to clarify. To all those who r upset, I’m sorry. I’m not one to show disrespect.”
• On 20 June 2013, former IPL chief Lalit Modi alleged that Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja and Dwayne Bravo had taken bribes from a bookie who was also a builder, while they were playing for Chennai Super Kings.
• During the 2016 T20 World Cup, he found himself in the middle of a match-fixing controversy on the eve of India’s World T20 semi-final match against West Indies in Mumbai. According to reports, Suresh Raina was earlier being investigated by Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) on possible involvement in match-fixing, after being seen with a woman, who is known to be a close associate of a bookie.
Suresh Raina Favourite things:
Cricketers Batsman : Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, MS Dhoni
Bowler: Muttiah Muralitharan, Glenn McGrath, Brett Lee
Cricket Ground -M. A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
JSCA International Stadium Complex, Ranchi
Eden Park, Auckland, New Zealand
Cricket Commentators -Ravi Shastri, Nasser Hussain
Footballer -Lionel Messi
Actor Amitabh Bachchan
Actresses Sonali Bendre, Jessica Alba
Films Bollywood: Sholay, Kai Po Che, Iqbal
Hollywood: Fault In Our Stars, Cast Away
Musicians- Kishore Kumar, Mohit Chauhan, Maroon 5, Band of Brothers
Song -“Sukoon Mila” from the film Mary Kom
Colour -Light Blue
Food-Aloo Kadhi, Tunde kebab
Restaurants -Bukhara in Delhi
Thai Pavillion in Mumbai
Suresh Raina Affairs and more:
Affairs/Girlfriends-Poorna Patel (daughter of politician Praful Patel, rumour),
Shruti Hassan (Actress, rumour)
Wife/Spouse -Priyanka Chaudhary (m.2015-present)
Marriage Date-3 April 2015
Children Daughter- Gracia Raina
Suresh Raina Style Quotient:
-Cars collection Porsche Boxster, Mini Cooper
Salary (as in 2016) RETAINER FEE: Rs 50 lakh ($95,000)
TEST FEE: Rs 300,000
ODI FEE: Rs 200,000
T20 FEE: Rs 150,000
Net Worth $25 million
Some Known Facts About Suresh Raina
-Does Suresh Raina smoke?: No
-Raina belongs to a Kashmiri Pandit family from Anantnag district, Jammu & Kashmir.
He spent much of his childhood in hostel staying away from home.
-He started playing professional cricket in 1999 at the sports college in Lucknow.
-He was the skipper of the Under-16 Uttar Pradesh team.
-He has a habit of collecting his cricket bats and till now he has collected 250+ bats, including his first bat which was gifted by his father in 1998.
-He played his first Ranji Trophy game at the age of 16.
-On his ODI debut in 2005, he was dismissed for a ‘Golden Duck’ against Sri Lanka.
-During an ODI match against West Indies in the Tri-Series 2013, Raina and Ravindra Jadeja had a spat after Raina failed to take Sunil Narine’s catch on two occasions.
-He scored a century on his Test debut.
He has never missed out on a single match for ‘Chennai Super Kings.’
-He has sung the song “Tu Mili Sab Mila” for a 2015 Bollywood film ‘Meeruthiya Gangsters.’
-He can play saxophone (woodwind instruments).
-He tied the nuptial knots with his childhood friend Priyanka Chowdhary.
-Ravindra Jadeja and Shikhar Dhawan are among his best friends in the Indian cricket team.
-He tattooed ‘Believe’ on his right arm.
-On 15 August 2020, he joined Mahendra Singh Dhoni when he took to his Instagram account to announce his retirement from all formats of international cricket.